Monday, August 18, 2014

August 11, 2014-Doral South

Guys this week! So many things!!!! SO!!! First off!! A MIRACLE!:)
So we are harvesting one day and we come across this house and it didn't have any cars in the drive way so usually if we are running kind of late we would just skip this house thinking no one is home (because no one here uses there garages for cars, its just extra stoage space, so if its not in the driveway there are usually not home) but we felt like we should just go and knock on the door anyways and this lady comes out and Sister Moffett starts telling her that we are representatives of Jesus Christ and we have come to say a prayer for her, and she starts crying and crying. At first me and Sister Moffett felt super awkward we were like oh man! we are so sorry we didn't mean to make you cry! But she lets us in to saw the prayer and she tells us what happened:)
Her and her husband had both just lost there jobs that morning and she had only been home for like 10 min. and her husband decided to go out for a bit to go look for jobs or something and she had been praying just really frustrated, telling God that she doesn't know why this is happening to her, that shes been trying so hard but that she is done believing in God and if he wants her to believe in him, he has to send her a sign because she is done, and then right at that moment, "Knock, Knock, Knock" She opens the door and its us!!!!:))))
She felt the spririt so strong during the prayer!! and she told us that she had been taught by the elders 11 years ago but that it had just not been the right time, So we go to see her the next day and we were on exchanges with some other sisters so it was me and another sister that she didn't know and this sister asks her to prayer right there with us to know if this church is true and if this is the path that God wants for her right now and she did and guess what??
She gets up (because we were kneeling) and tells us, I think I have to get baptized guys!:))))) ahh!!! crazy! It was amazing!!! She is soo awesome! she reads  the book of Mormon every night!
Then Sunday comes and we go an knock on her door to remind her of church and she tells us. Im coming to church but I need a ride. So we were like okay we got this! you are coming to church no matter what!:) So we pretty much call every sister from the ward list and one after another after another tell us that they cant!!! We were so frustrated! There were only 30 minutes till church starts and it takes 15min. to drive there!! So we say a prayer begging Heavenly Father to help us and an idea pops into our heads of someone we can call and we call them and there return missionary son answers and says Yes!!!! AHH!! Sister Moffett and I were soooo happy!!! ( I have pretty much made a promise now that the first thing I do when I get back home is go straight to the missionaries and tell them, "I will drop whatever I am doing to get your investigators to church" hahaha) So She comes to church and SHE LOVES IT!!!! She had anxiety problems and she said she felt so much peace for the first time in a long time! and she is now preparing to be baptized for next week!!!!!! We love her so much!!!! She loves the fact that we call God, Heavenly Father because she says it just sounds so much more personal. We cant believe the miracle that God has given us with her:)
anyways! This last sunday was just craziness!!! We don't have a pianist in our ward so I pretty much play every sunday, but this sunday I really wanted to sit next to our investigator, so I had to run to the piano and run back to sit with her every time I had to play a song and I had just gotten a skirt from another sister that has little bells on it and you could hear it the whole time! so embarrassing !! ahah but at least I got to sit next to our amazing investigator!:)
Then this member had been after us for her Tupperware (she feeds us every Friday) for WEEKS!! So I had finally decided that this week that we were GOING to give it to her. So we are looking for her all over the chapel and finally we see her car starting to LEAVE the parking lot out side through the window  and I just start running outside and towards her car yelling, "Hermana!! Hermana!!" hahahha I think my companion was a little startled and had to follow me! I think pretty much everyone from church saw me but I was determined! So we finally reach her car and get her to stop and we are like a block down from the church!! haha:) I think we might of scared her a little, but thankfully I was in shape because of the 1 mile that we run every morning:) (I am so proud of myself hahahaha:D) The elders came up to us later and told us, "So Sister Miles I  think we are going to have you do a training on how to give the members back there Tupperware under what ever circumstances for next district training sound good?" -_- whatever elders....
So we were harvesting once again yesterday and we run into this lady and she is super nice and we are talking to her for a good while and then she says, "I don't judge anyone, I love everyone. I would love you guys even if you were Mormons." *me and my companion look at each other* and then I say, "Well actually that's good! Because we ARE Mormons:))" hahahaha I wish you guys could have seen her face! ahha:) but she was super nice after so its all good.
Also one last embarrassing and awkward story just to finish off this super awesome week!:))
So we were harvesting (once again)  and this young girl opens the door and then we see this little 4 year old boy just running as fast as he can down the stairs and he practically runs into us and gives me a HUGE Hug!! (around my stomach because he cant reach any higher) and then he gives my companion a hug! and we were super surprised and then we were like, that's cute!! So we say a prayer with his mom! everything is going good and then the little boy comes and hugs me again and starts kissing my stomach like I am his mom or something and then his mom trys to pry him off but he wont let go!! Most awkward moment of my life hahahaha, He was acting like my child but he was not my child. Anyways all you can do in those moments is just laugh your head off:)) with your companion...in the pouring rain...with no umbrella because you forgot it in the car like always....
anyways I love you guys!!!!!

Love
Hermana Miles

P.S. Sister Moffett started driving and she was going sooooo slow!!!!! and I asked her, "So sister moffett how long have you been driving?" (Thinking it would only be a little bit) and then she says, "Five years" and then I was like ," Oh...okay, nevermind" ;)

P.S.S. Also I found out I have the same birthday day as Fidel Castro...Great...this is the perfect place to be for my birthday! Little Havana!
 
 
 
Sister Moffett wrote this for me!! so nice!! on our bathrrom mirror


a member sewing these super legit purses!!

At Javier's Baptism
 

No comments:

Post a Comment