Tuesday, November 5, 2013

November 5 - Sweetwater, FL

Hey guys!
So this week was the best! Halloween was a blast! The people here in Florida decorate their houses and go all out for Halloween its kind of cool to see. I love it! Especially since I love Halloween. We had a ward trunk or treat and My companion and I had a blast! We handed out candy to little adorable kids and we dressed up as witches so it was fun! So this week we visited a lady from the ward that just got baptized a few months ago. She is the best I love her! She has a bunch of animals though. I think that she has three dogs and three cats and she was having some trouble with them so she decided to get rid of them but she was having a hard time letting go of the dogs and needed some help. So my companion and I went over to help her and we ended up having to take two dogs and a cat to the animal shelter. It was the craziest thing ever. The poor dogs were so scared and the lady was crying! I felt so bad, my companion and I ended up just having to drag the dogs ourselves over to the shelter and they were like peeing on the way in because they were so scared. It was crazy! The things you do on a mission. Anyways, I made Enchiladas!! And Rice!! It was actually legit! It was so good! I was so surprised that I actually know how to cook. I guess all those years of watching my mom make stuff actually payed off. So this week we were having a kind of rough time finding new investigators so we were harvesting all the time ( which is basically just knocking doors and asking people if we can share a blessing with them) and we had some really cool experiences with it. We were harvesting at the end of our day one night and it seemed like almost every door we knocked on people in those houses needed a prayer. They all said stuff like, God sent you here or I needed this blessing. It was a great experience and the last house we knocked on was a totally random house and we had such a great experience with her because she was saying that her husband was sick and she really just needed a prayer for comfort and to help her husband. I love this work just for the fact thatour Heavenly Father is able to use me to help others and to comfort them. Its amazing how well our Heavenly Father knows us and knows our needs and knows when to answer our prayers:) So this week was transfer week and one of the sisters that I live with is transferring so soon there will be another sister! EXCITING!!  I love you guys! and I hope you are all doing well:)
p.s. GUYS I ATE A CHICKEN HEART!! A LEGIT HEART!! IT was crazy, we went over to this Brazilian family for dinner and they fed us like the best barbecue in my life! It was AMAZING:)

Love, Hermana Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment