Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014-Miami Shores North


Crazy Crazy Crazy!! 
Guys this week was so packed!! I cant even believe it! So to start off Giselle got confirmed!!!!!! We were so excited she was so happy!! Even her brother, son, and daughter-in-law came!! She was confirmed in the Bishops office and it was so spiritual! She was so happy afterward! She yelled, "I have the Holy Ghost!" She is so cute!! I love her to death! And after the confirmation her brother was asking all these questions about how our church worked and what he believed! He felt the spirit so much he started to tear up! and then he hugged his sister and said, "this is the happiest I have seen you in years! You deserve this" :) Oh man, how that put the biggest smile on our faces!:) She even testified to them and told them, "this is the only church that felt "right" to me! I feel something different here. This is the true church." And then when the Bishop started talking about the temple she was so proud because she had been able to go to the open house! She was beaming with light! I wish you guys could have seen it:) Then afterward in the parking lot as they were about to go home her daughter-in-law asked me all these questions that she had and then she said, "I was so sad that I missed the baptism services because I wanted to get baptized too, but now its too late." you should have seen my face guys I was like, Noooooo! Its not to late!! You can still get baptized!! hahaaha but I had to withhold my screams ahahhaa and calmly tell her, "You can still get baptized, we can come over tomorrow and explain how you can prepare your self and then you can come to church:) oh man oh man oh man was she happy! and they are just starting a family. How blessed is their family going to be from this gospel??! And then I found out from my old companion Sister Ware that MIRIAN GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!! I don't know if you guys remember her but Sister Ware and I taught her like all of last transfer! We loved her so much!! She was the one that almost had a stroke but then she got a priesthood blessing:) If you don't remember you can go back and read about it:) Well she got baptized !!!! She kept her promise and Sister Ware told me that she looked so happy and was beaming! And her whole family was able to be there too!! She is being such a great example! and I am so proud of her!:) Anyways on Friday we had to go get our car oil changed and we were waiting at the car place just sitting in the waiting room (which has a TV in it which is always on, do you know how hard it is not to just sit there hypnotized by that TV?? hahaha) and our sisters that live in the same apartment as us call us and tell us, "President Anderson just called and told us that we have to go clean the temple right now!! they need our help! We grabbed some workout clothes for you and we are coming to pick you up!" Oh man were we surprised! We hurry into the car and have to change in the car while we are on the freeway! that was kind of awkward but no big deal! Just two sister missionaries that had to change in a car! Hey we had a mission! We had to get to the temple! hahaha :) anyways We get to the temple and we helped clean inside! It was beautiful! Like always!!! Man, I love this temple so much!!! I was always kind of scared to clean temples because I was always like, "What if I make a mistake? Or don't clean a speck of dust!???? God is going to know that Sister Miles left that speck of dust there and tell the Prophet that he cant accept the temple anymore!!!!!!!" But everything worked out fine:) I just might have cleaned a table like 20 times over and over again just to make sure I didn't miss anything hahaha:) and we got to go into the celestial room and put little booties on the chairs so that they wouldn't mess up the carpet!:) It was kind of hard because the little booties kept on falling of every time we set down the chair and we would have to put them all over again. Some elders came in to  help us and they didn't realize the bottom of the chairs couldn't touch the carpet and they set it down on the carpet and Me and my companion like gasped and dove down and picked up the chair as fast as possible and looked at the elders like they had just murdered someone hahaa:) They must have been like "What is wrong with these sisters?? Weirdees..." The cultural Celebration was awesome! and so was the dedication!!! You guys can still watch it online I think ! I saw some people at the cultural celebration that I hadn't seen in a long time like people from my old ward in Flagler and old missionaries that had gone home and had come back for the dedication and I even saw someone that I knew from my classes at BYU!! Which was really exciting:)!!!!! But anwyays I love you guys!!!!! Hope you had as awesome a week as I did!:)

Love
Hermana Miles

P.S. we are emailing at the Library and some guys next to us started arguing about how Jesus wasn't white but rather black...awkward...
P.S.S. OH!!! Some Jehovah Witnesses knocked on our door the other day...that was awkward too...haha:)
P.S.S.S. but we are all  children of God so we loved everyone....Just clarifying that...
P.S.S.S.S. Arent you guys proud of me??? I sent a really long email this time!?:))
P.S.S.S.S.S. Who is excited for mothers day!!????? I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( I get to call my parents on mothers day:))

1 comment:

  1. It was so great to see you this weekend! Hopefully we will run into each other again this summer (maybe if you're ever in the Plantation area). I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well! If you ever need anything we would be happy to help you - my family is in the Plantation ward.

    ReplyDelete