Monday, February 10, 2014

February 10 2014-Sweetwater FL

So this week you guys was not that exciting so this post won't be that long. My companion and I are starting to get in the rythm of things so our lessons are getting more and more unified which is good:) We have this new investigator who has two little boys and they are the cutest. One night we came a little bit too early and she had just put them to bed but the smallest one was deciding that we were too interesting for him to go to bed. He kept on coming out every five mintures during the lesson and I couldnt help but smile at how cute he was:) At one point he came out and start throwing things from our investigators bathroom and I knew I wasn't supposed to laugh but it was just too funny not to:) anyways that is pretty much the only funny thing I can think of that happened this week. We were walking and I saw this tall red headed kid  with a bunch of freckles which, let me tell you, is very unusual in a town where the street signs are in spanish and say calle cuba. So I was like where is this kid from and I go up to him and ask him if we could give him a card. Turns our he is studying to be a Catholic Priest! He was really nice to us and said he would look into the Book of Mormon and for sure call the number to get a free one. He seemed really interested and even asked us if we wanted to pray!! Which is unusal since we are ususally the ones asking people to pray. It was really cool and hopefully we will call the number. Little does he know though we are probably going to be the ones to deliver that for him haha:) and guys I found a little joke in the Book of Mormon!! So its in Alma 27:19 and it was talking about before in the chapter how Ammons joy was so great that he had collapsed and then in this verse it talks about how "and also the joy of Aaron and omner and himni" was truly great " but behold their joy was not that to exceed their strength. hahahahhahahha!:D do you get it? Okay maybe not. let me explain it. So in chapter 26 verse 11before aaron had just told his brother that maybe he was boasting too much. And when in the verse 27:19 it seems like his brothers are kind of going like, "come on ammon your such an exaggerater, we feel the joy too but we are not collapsing." :) anyways it just made them seem more human. I hope you guys understood all of that. If not...oh well sorry. Hope everything is goign great and you guys are all safe and happy:)
Love
Hermana Miles
P.S. I have decided I do not like black beans and rice. I kind of miss my mexican food:)

No comments:

Post a Comment