Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14 - Sweetwater, FL


MAN OH MAN OH MAN!
 Ladies and Gentleman this week has been insane craziness! Its crazy what has happened! Okay here goes. So first off I have officially been chased by an angry ( really angry) Dog! It was so scary! So we were in the trailer park and there is always this stray dog there and it was night and we where walking from an investigators house to our car and this dog started barking and running towards us. Of course me being me and I run for the car leaving my companion to fend for herself ( hey survival of the fittest right?) and then I like take my bag off my shoulder while I am running, put it behind me so that the dog would bite my bag instead of my ankles. My companion jumped on top of someone's car and screams. It was so scary! Finally this guy took pity on us and started yelling at the dog to stop but I thought I was going to DIE!! So anyways...next we had this golden investigator that seemed really cool and we were so excited. Turns out the next lesson we had with him he had researched all this stuff online and got anti-mormon stuff and was telling us all this stuff about how we should research our own religion and about polygamy and we need to search these things on our own and all this crazy stuff, it was so sad!:( It really broke my heart but just talking with my companion really helped me through it and helped me to see that we just have to testify of the spirit and of the truthfulness of the gospel that we believe ourselves and that is all that we can do for these people. Next, we where harvesting again (we have to harvest for an hour every day) and we where praying with this kid that seemed like 15 and he seemed like he was really liking the prayer and accepted it and everything and then like in the middle of the prayer this lady shows up yanks the door our of this kids hand says no! and then slams the door in our face while my companion was in the middle of the prayer. It was intense! It was really disheartening and I almost cried a little bit I will admit but it all turned out okay because listen to this guys! I GOT MY FIRST BAPTISM! IN TWO WEEKS!! I was James! the kid I told you about last week! It was so amazing he is like such a little kid its so cute! I will send pictures. They had to dunk him twice because his knee came up the first time. He kept on saying he was scared that the missionary that baptized him was going to drop him. I was so happy for him and how much his life has changed. He said he felt stronger after the baptism and felt like an NFL player. How cute!! anyways. I love you guys. Shout out to Colton for saying "sup" no one else is emailing me -_- I see you guys, reading my blog and not writing...it cool...no worries. Haha Just kidding :) Love you, Hermana Miles.
P.S. My sister got married on SATURDAY GUYS!! Isn't it exciting!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment