Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013 Provo, Utah, MTC

Hey guys!!! I am having a blast here in the MTC I just sit and eat and then sit again and then eat and then sit some more! yay!! but no, really it is pretty great here. The food is really good! I like love it. Yup that would be me, concentrating on the food haha but anyways. So we heard a talk given by Elder Holland  yesterday on Sunday and it was great!! I loved it. He had his whole family with him because the talk was given on Thankgiving Day. He was talking about how lucky we are to be living in this dispensation. Also he was just so cute with his wife! It was so adorable. So much LOVE! ahh!! anyways...I have been seeing all these senior couples walking around holding hands so excited to go on missions it is the cutest things. This has now offically been added to my bucket list, walk around with my Husband holding hands when I am old around the MTC. ;) I leave tomorrow at 2 in the morning and I am so nervous! I can feel myself tense up every once in a while. I got to meet some people yesterday though that are going to be traveling with me! I was so excited since I haven't met anyone that is going to Fort Lauderdale Florida so I was super excited to meet my travel buddies! They are going to be speaking French Creole (sp?) I am the only person going that is going to be speaking Spanish so thats exciting. Also Grandma Miles sent me a box full of Snickdoodles and Chocolate covered cinnamon bears. They were so great!! I wondering how she knew that snickerdoodles are like my most favorite thing in the WORLD!! I shared them with my whole district and they now will love me for all eternity so THANK YOU GRANDMA!! so much!! Your package was the first one while I am on my mission. I will always remember that!:) Anyways I have taken a couple pictures but the computers at the MTC don't let you put pictures its like such a hassle so I will post some when I get to the field (campo missional, I am learning so much spanish!) anyways I love you guys and p.s. AMY LAGARDA IF YOU ARE READING THIS YOU NEVER SENT ME THE CUPCAKES! YOU WILL BE DOOMED FOR ALL ETERNITY! anyways love you.

So one of my teachers had to leave early so we got a sub and her name was Sister Keller and she served in FORT LAUDERDALE FLORIDA!! WHOOO!! I was so excited I was seriously feeling so alone. haha We were actually in a meeting and they were calling all the missions out by state and country and you would have to stand up and there were like a 100 missionarys there and they called Florida and I stood up all alone like a loner and the mission president was like "Okay, one sister going to Florida" and there were like to elders that stood up a second later but I felt so alone!! but it was cool I feel kind of speacial that I was the only one in that meeting. Anyways back to the teacher that served where I served I was so excited she said that It is the best mission and that it was so cool to meet all these different cultures it was like a big melting pot and she showed me pictures of her investigators that got baptized and they looked so awesome! and also she spoke great Spanish! so there is hope for me!! yay!! she said everyone speaks spanish so I will have no trouble learning.

Love, Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment